Due to the unique nature of virtual classes, payment/registration in a virtual session of classes means that you are in agreement with the waiver and take full responsibility for your safety. If you are NOT in agreement and/or need medical clearance, do not pay/register in a virtual class session of classes.
“I, (your name), do agree to all of the statements in the MOVE waiver and either answered ‘no’ to all of the questions in the PAR-Q or have been cleared by a Doctor and/or am assuming all risks associated with my participation”
I do hereby acknowledge:
MY consent to participate in any physical activity involved with the live ZOOM classes taught by Sue Abell and/or the YouTube “Sue Abell” channel videos.
MY understanding that there are potential risks associated with physical activity such as but not limited to: episodes of transient lightheadedness, fainting, abnormal blood pressure, musculo-skeletal injuries and I assume wilfully those risks.
MY understanding that due to the nature of the virtual instruction I may or may not be visible on camera and may or may not be able be able to be heard by anyone in an emergency situation, and I assume wilfully those risks and the responsibility for putting in place emergency contact options for myself .
THAT I hereby release Sue Abell from any liability with respect to damage or injury (including death) that I may suffer during participation in physical activity during the live ZOOM classes and/or the YouTube “Sue Abell” channel videos.
Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q)
Please read carefully and answer YES or NO as it applies to you:
- Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition?
- Do you have chest pain brought on by physical activity?
- Have you developed chest pain at rest in the past month?
- Do you lose consciousness or lose your balance as a result of dizziness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be aggravated by the proposed physical activity?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing medication for your blood pressure or heart condition? (eg. diruetics or water pills)
- Are you aware, through your own experience or a doctor’s advice of any other reason against your exercising without medical approval?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you may face a higher degree of risk to your health in participating in this course. YOU ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR.
Sue Abell reserves the right to require you to provide medical consent prior to activity.